The event industry thrives on creativity, but sometimes we get lost in the technical aspects of the day-to-day work. In this episode, host Reyna Caraveo and guest Narmeen Kamran discuss the story behind Desert Island Events Podcast, the event industry’s creative podcast, and why it’s important to remain inspired.
In this episode we discuss:
- The event industry’s creative podcast: Desert Island Events.
- Why it’s important for the industry to have something different to inspire creativity, aside from all the technical how to’s and other professional content we’re inundated with.
- Narmeen’s industry ventures – Hospo Book Club and Hospo Masks.
- National Events Council Diversity Survey
About Our Guest:
Narmeen first started in the industry volunteering at comic conventions. Since then she has worked in hospitality and events throughout her studies becoming an AGM at a venue shortly after university. Now with 11 years of experience, she has worked on a variety of events across the world from Olympic sporting competitions to international conferences and awards.
Mental health, diversity and personal development are Narmeen’s passions. She also acts as a strong advocate and speaker on these topics through her own personal experience and growth. Narmeen is involved with multiple industry charities to give back to the industry, most recently creating HospoMasks to raise funds, as well as being a qualified Mental Health First Aider. Since her redundancy in the pandemic, Narmeen has launched her own personal brand and started various projects. Desert Island Events is an industry podcast created, produced and hosted by Narmeen as a fun conversation highlighting the heart of the industry, the creativity. Not one to sit still, Narmeen also runs Hospo Book Club, a network centered around personal development and wellbeing.
Follow Narmeen on Instagram! Take a listen to Desert Island Events Podcast.
SUPPORT THE PODCAST:
- Leave a 5-star rating or review on Apple Podcasts. Check out this article for how to leave a review on different podcast platforms.
- Become a Patron! Go to our Patreon to pledge any dollar amount you like as a donation or monthly membership. This helps us continue to create content and add incentives for our listeners such as swag.
- Continue to share the @eventumbrellapodcast and tag us on social media – Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Check out our most recent episode about The Role of Voice Over in the Event Industry. Learn more about The Event Umbrella Podcast and listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Stitcher!