Building Your Expertise as an Event Professional
No matter how new or seasoned you are as an event professional, there’s always room for growth and improvement in your career. In this episode, host Reyna Caraveo discusses several ways building your expertise as an event professional can benefit you in reshaped event industry.
In order to effectively build your knowledge of the event industry, you need to be doing at least on of these things:
- READ – Reading credible blog articles, published guides, magazines or books will help expand your knowledge in the field and build your expertise as an event professional.
- LEARN – Stay on top of the latest industry news and trends! There are many ways to do this such as subscribing to leading organization emails, reading articles, watching educational webinars and listening to podcasts.
- CONNECT – Connect with leaders and other professionals in the industry and ask them questions. This can be done via social media, email, virtual meeting, etc. Make both personal and professional connections to learn how they are navigating this new territory.
- GAIN – Gain more experience and expand your skill set. Learn about the ins and outs for different types of events such as in person/virtual/hybrid. Practice bettering client communications, and get hands on experience for live events.
- SHARE – Once you’ve built your expertise, help others do the same by sharing your tips and lessons learned. Talk to each other and share advice, pro tips, and your experiences as an expert event professional.
One way to build your expertise is by listening to this episode of The Event Umbrella Podcast on How to Successfully Promote Your Events with Grace Gittinger.
Learn more about The Event Umbrella Podcast and listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Stitcher! Remember to leave us a 5 star review on Apple Podcasts, and you can be featured in our next episode!