How to Successfully Promote Your Events
Strategically marketing events is crucial step in the planning process. Host Reyna Caraveo and Guest Grace Gittinger of GG & CO. Event Marketing discuss important tips and strategies for how to successfully promote your events.
In order to successfully promote your event, you need to develop a strong marketing plan. Following these important steps can help you get started:
- Identify your Audience – The first step is understanding who your event audience is and how many contacts you have. A clean database of contacts is important to have before starting your marketing plan. You’ll also want to know which channel is best to use for targeting your audience such as email or social media.
- Create an Editorial Calendar – Once you’ve identified your audience, you can begin developing an editorial calendar or a timeline for your marketing efforts. This would include what content is being sent out to those contact lists and the frequency at which they are being sent.
- Utilize Platforms – There are many ways to market your events including email, social media, and paid advertising. Be sure you’re targeting your audience strategically and utilizing the channel they spend the most time on and are likely to see.
Links to things mentioned in the episode:
- Bizzabo Event Marketing Guide
- HubSpot Blog
- Splash That – an “all in one” event marketing platform. This is a tool for event marketing without internal website design and email operations resources.
Grace Gittinger is the Principal at GG & CO., a boutique event marketing agency specializing in aligning business goals to events and driving the most return from your investment.
Grace has 15+ years of experience with events and marketing spanning agencies, tech companies, and nonprofits.
Her time in-house working at tech companies allowed her to build, grow and lead event marketing teams as well as marketing strategies that saw measurable returns through revenue growth and brand awareness.
She’s developed event strategies and executed events globally, of all sizes – with celebrities, former presidents, a former first lady, fortune 500 companies, and tech startups. Her events cover Washington, DC, New York, London, France, Las Vegas, Texas, and beyond.
She started GG & CO. because she recognized a gap for many companies between their events, business strategy and marketing. She is driven to provide the value of a senior events and marketing professional to companies of all sizes who need to effectively and efficiently scale.
She is known as your stand-in Director of Event Marketing – when you need it. View GG & CO.’s full list of services which include event strategy and marketing.
Listen to this episode about the challenges of building a team in the events industry.