Are you looking forward to the holiday season and put an end to 2020? In this episode, host Reyna Caraveo discusses elements to consider when planning or hosting a holiday party in 2020 including COVID sensitive measures.
There are multiple ways to celebrate the holiday season this year including small in-person gatherings with safety measures, and of course, virtually. With online events you can still engage your attendees by focusing on the primary elements you would normally have such as gamification, personalization, and mingling.
In this episode we discuss:
- Planning for in-person holiday parties around COVID-19
- Host an outdoor event
- Encourage social distancing between parties
- Wear fashionable masks (you’d really wear an ugly sweater instead?)
- Be prepared with sanitization supplies (they can even be custom party favors!)
- Virtual holiday party ideas such as:
- Cooking classes
- Mixology classes
- Gift exchanges
- Games and activities
- Live music or DJ
- Mailed gift boxes, grazing boards, etc.
- Other great resources:
Holiday Party Planning in 2020
This time of year is also the season of giving, and many charitable organizations are in need of your assistance. Consider partnering with a local community group or organization in your area to help during the holidays and volunteer your time or provide monetary support. Below is a list of National organizations with local chapters to help get you started.
- Meals on Wheels
- Feeding America
- Habitat for Humanity
- Wildlife Conservation Society
- Prevent Child Abuse America
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- National Alliance to End Homelessness
- Wounded Warriors Project
- Girls Incorporated
- Teach for America
Follow @eventumbrellapodcast over on Instagram to comment, share, like and continue the converstaion!
Listen to our latest episode on What Broadcasting and Events Have In Common. Podcast and listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Stitcher!