How To Support Each Other in the Industry
The event industry was one of the first to be impacted by the global COVID-19 pandemic. In this episode, Host Reyna Caraveo discusses how event professionals can support each other in the event industry before, during and after times of crisis.
Different ways to you can support event professionals in the industry:
- Making Purchases – For product based vendors, purchasing gift cards/certificates or products are really helpful for small businesses. The majority of event professionals fall under this category.
- Word of Mouth Referrals – A simple and traditional way of growing business is sharing information about other professionals and the great work they do. This will help with both client and vendor referrals for future business. This is especially important for service based vendors.
- Social Media Engagement – This is important regardless of a pandemic and social distancing. However, it holds true more now with the increase in online visibility. Promoting and sharing content from fellow event professionals is impactful and will act as a catalyst for future business when were all past this.
- Check on Your Friends – Checking in on each other personally by calling or messaging (not emailing) your friends in the industry is a special way to let them know you’re thinking of them during this time. Take the time to actually talk to people.
- Make New Connections – As we’re physical distancing, social interaction is higher than before. Social distancing doesn’t necessarily mean mental or emotional distancing. If you’re taking the time to build community and connect with others, it will have a positive impact socially to help us become more engaged.
Links to things mentioned in the episode: The Event Industry Will Remember
Curious what it takes to have a thick skin in this industry? Listen to this episode!