Inclusivity and Events
Are the events, meeting and hospitality industries inclusive? In this episode, host Reyna Caraveo and guest Joseph H. Pomar talk about inclusivity and events specific to the LGBTQIA+ community’s involvement in events, actionable steps for company leaders, and educational resources for professionals.
In this episode:
- The LGBTQ+ community as a part of the events, meetings and hospitality industries including involvement as staff, organizers, vendors, and participation in events.
- Actionable steps for employers to ensure they’re providing equal opportunities for all employees in the industry.
- Steps for employees to present encourage ideas and change to their leadership teams.
- LGBTQ+ educational resources for events, meetings and hospitality professionals.
- Human Rights Campaign
- Ally Resources – GLAAD, GLSEN, Trevor Project
About Our Guest:
Joseph H. Pomar is a Social Marketing Strategist for MGM Resorts International. In his role, Joseph is responsible for social media strategy, content strategy, social customer care and creating brand love. In his role Joseph spends the majority of his time creating social media strategy that brings to life marketing activations and events from a social capacity for New York-New York and Excalibur on the Las Vegas Strip.
To learn more about the Pass the Mic Series, check out this episode!
Learn more about The Event Umbrella Podcast and listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Stitcher! Remember to leave us a 5 star review on Apple Podcasts, and you can be featured in our next episode! Follow @eventumbrellapodcast on Instagram!