The Role of Event Professionals During Global Crisis
With COVID-19 making all the headlines lately, it’s about time to address the impact this has on the event community. In this episode, host Reyna Caraveo discusses the state of the industry, credible resources for you to know, and the role of event professionals during global crisis.
With the rapidly growing concern, events are being affected due to large mass crowds posing a higher risk of exposure. Travel plans, hotel accommodations, and overall events have been cancelled or postponed. This affects the industry internationally, and most importantly economically, surpassing $1 billion in loss directly related to cancelled events because of COVID-19 concerns.
As event professionals, situations such as COVID-19, or better known as the Coronavirus pandemic, requires our ongoing attention. It’s our responsibility to respond and make decisions based on facts, not fear, and help alleviate the spread of misinformation. Being knowledgeable through credible sources of information is your best tool.
We also need to be cognizant of how to approach times of uncertainty with empathy, both for our attendees and the communities affected. Learn more here about the important role we play in global crisis.
Links to things mentioned in the episode:
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Interim Guide for Event Organizers
- World Health Organization (WHO) Technical Guidance on COVID-19
- Events Industry Council Statement to the Event Community
- Event Brew Podcast on The Impact of the Coronavirus
- Behind the Clipboard Podcast Tips
- A Message From Leaders in the Events and Meeting Industry
- How to Prepare Your Business for Coronavirus
- What Event Professionals Need to Know About COVID-19
For continuous updated information on the event industry during COVID-19, check out these resources!
Listen to our episode on Embracing an Ever-Changing Industry for more pro tips on navigating this fast-paced world, and the various factors that can affect it.